Thursday 22 November 2018

Week 8 Progress

 How I feel
Hello! Blog time again!

I actually needed this review week. Really shifted my tiered brain into gear.

I can taste the Cadburys chocolate Santas already but theres still a month.

So how do I feel about my progress, this multimedia semester and my game so far?

I was happy with my progress till last week. Had a bit of a disaster week which shifted some grades into a bad way and so pushed my well thought out plans for getting assignments done (which usually work weirdly enough) towards the end of the week. My prototype was indeed a prototype but like the most raw form. I struggled a lot! It wasn't the time pressure more the brain power wasn't there as I felt so overwhelmed with it I started doing the most basics like setting the lighting and camera up wrong. The concept was there and by the end I could see where my game could go. Throughout this week , even with guidance from my lab last week, tutorials and friends helping me , I still struggled. So up till literally a few minutes ago I was a bit lost. I think what I will do now inorder to get my game into a proper working first level which is what I am producing in the next few days, is take it bit by bit. I am happy with my progress and I know exactly how to fix things. May be a late night before a 12 hour shift and a few days of hard work , but im determined to get this game up from where it is now to something I know can be done. I loved the reserch we did and my game has a lot of child learning fundamentals behind it so I feel a story will be really clear as the game is based on absolute logic, but also fun ( as much as maths can be!??!) I aspire to do my idea justice as its taken a lot of work and staining at my computer for ages wondering "why is my whole terrain pink...now why is it blue...why won't it just be the texture of white paper I set it as?!?" Anyways in all, my progress has been up and down. A real adventure. Probably less dramatic then a stick man stuck in a copy book answering maths questions just to travel through many worlds to get to the 3-D world, but none the less I have learned a lot!

I would love to avoid a stressful time like this one for semester two. I need to keep focused and keep to my plans. With out them I tend to fall down. However, like I have been doing I will keep them simple and with plenty of space incase things take longer then I think. A level head and realistic goals will keep me on track next time!

The photo above is amusing and will definitely make me push through!

Heres another, can never have enough motivation!






1 comment:

  1. Hey Ellen! By the sounds of it, it's been a tough week for you which I'm sorry to hear. It sounds like your back on track now and I wish you the best with the rest of your game development! It sounds like you know where your headed and as you said, take it little by little and all will work out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...