Sunday 21 October 2018

Vision Statement




Welcome to my vision statement post! This is for my potential game hope you like it!

Introduction of game:
Timmys 2-D adventure. A simplistic, unity based, fun and educational 2-D line run game for children aged 5-12. This game is full of funny looking monsters, many space themed worlds , maths and English puzzles and so much more to keep any child entertained for hours. 

Background and description of game: 
I will be using all of my own code based in c# and using unity.  This game is inspired by games such as “line runner” ,however is will be my own twist on it.


Description:
The game is called “Timmys 2-D adventure”. Timmy is a simple stickman who’s lifetime goal has been to escape from his boring 2-D life. The aim of the game is that you have to move Timmy along a straight road with out falling off each side. At certain points there will be enemies which try to stop your path to success. These enemies are the government. They are little alien like monsters who make you do puzzles and quizzes in order to keep on passing through to the end of each level. There will be a black and white 2-D level first. Then a mesh looking level, a vortex looking level and finally , the 3-D level. Each level increases in difficulty of the puzzles but are quite easy so you can learn. An additional fetcher here will be pop up explanations of the quiz/question at hand once you press submit on the pop up so they can learn as you go. So how do you play this you ask? Well just simply use “W” for walking , “A” for left and “D” for right. Press “Z” for backwards and you’re set to go.


Key feathers of the game:
  • A fun and simple game suitable for children aged 5-12. 
  • Simple explanations of puzzles once completed or wrong three times.
  • Simple way to learn maths and English, the two most important subjects and most commonly misunderstood.
  • Space themed doodle looking graphics and characters.
  • No violence occurs in this game.
  • 3-D game but designed to look 2-D.
  • Interactive characters and sounds to enhance the fun.
  • Easy to understand instructions included.

Genre:
Single player, Childs learning game, 3-D with a 2-D look, modern , space themed, transitional levels from simple to a more detailed look as the game progresses.


Platforms:
I feel like my game could be a computer game or an app on a phone however , for not I will be making this a computer game to see how it is received by a potential audience first. There will be many prototypes and tester games given to a group of the target audience to see exactly how well the game is received before its launched. This game will be made over a 2 month time frame. If the game doesn’t go down well then I will strip the educational part and make the game so you jump over the monsters rather then complete their puzzles.

Market analysis:
The first week will be creating small prototypes to test my idea out. Then I will get stuck into making the game for two weeks. After that I will test out the game with an audience for two more weeks. The remainder three weeks will be perfecting the game based on feed back.

Legal analysis:
There is no copy right to this game.

Cost and revenue:
There will be no costs to the making of this game and no retail as it is for educational purposes only.


Concept:


Example of what the game and characters will look like:   
   

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellen!
    I think your game idea sounds very interesting. I like your idea of the game being 3-D with a 2-D look. The "wow" moment for me while reading your vision statement was finding out that each of the level increases in difficulty.
    I wonder what types of puzzles the game will include and how difficult they'll be. I'm curious to find out how the enemies will look in your finished game.
    I understand that there are different levels but do you have to start at the first level? Or can the player skip to the second level without finishing the first one for example?
    I think adding an option to turn off the puzzle explanations would be a good idea, because some kids might want to challenge themselves and complete the game without any help or guidance.
    Nice game idea I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, i really like the concept of your game i can see it has a lot of value, wow i really like the way you came up with the concept for trying to escape the 2d world, that's a really amazing thought, don't think iv'e ever seen a game try to transition from 2d to 3d most are usually either one.
    I wonder if this concept could be taken to a new level of games maybe even to make a wizard of oz game where they went from black and white to colour, your game idea is very solid and well put together.
    Lastly i have to ask, What if any problems occur then how do you think kids would perceive this type of game? how do you feel it would work with kids? and would you adapt it as you go along? i really feel this concept could be taken into something used in schools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen, me again. Your idea for your game seems rather unique and I love it. The fact you want a 3-D game with 2-D sprites is a very uncommon thing to do as its usually the other way round. So that alone sets itself apart, the incresing difficulties, platforminf and puzzles are a great addition to add variety and makes the game more fun. Cant wait to see what you have in store for this and knowing your quality of workm this will be great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I really like this idea as it immediately stood out to me as being quite unique. I like that it sets it apart from the other games which most of them seem to be action or fighting games.
    I really like how educational and fun it seems to be, and could also be quite fun to make despite how simple it is. I love the space theme too, this could make it even more fun as it takes place outside our planet which keeps it even more unique.
    I think one potential difficulty would be making it for the age range of 5-12, as you'd have to make things simple enough for the younger kids and give a few more complex challenges for the older ones, so it's not too easy or too difficult for those ages. The interactive characters sound great too, as kids might be able to relate to them more and find them much more interesting to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ellen!
    I really enjoyed reading your game vision statement blog post today. I find your educational game idea very intriguing because that's the same theme that I'm choosing to do for my game idea. I find your overall idea and vision to be quite unique in comparison to other peoples game ideas which tend to be 'fighting action games'. The target age range that you chose to go for is quite wide. Perhaps this may be too tricky to achieve because it would have to simple enough for your children to understand but also at the same time be challenging enough for 12 year old's and entertaining enough for them too. This is simply a thought that I had. Perhaps you could narrow this age range down a bit? What will the overall style and aesthetics of the game be like in the end? What's your overall vision for this? Overall I really enjoyed reading through your game vision statement and I can't wait to see your working prototype for this game! Anyways, Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellen, Great game idea. Kids are so addicted to games these days, it's great if they're at least playing something educational and learning. I think making the 3D game look 2D sounds really interesting, I'm unsure what it would look like but I'm very intrigued! I look forward to seeing how the game turns out. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...