Tuesday 16 October 2018

Games MDA

Pic representing what I mention below.




Hi!

Welcome back to the blog again!

Today I will be speaking to you about my understanding of MDA and game design.

I read some  articles and this is what I found on this topic.


MDA stands for Mechanics, Aesthetics and Dynamics. This is the "planner journey" a game designer has to go through in order to understand games. This is a process they have to go through in order to bridge the gap between game design and development.

The first step to this is iritive development. This is a process of brainstorming games and testing out ideas. The next process is developing the game. You need to understand the algorithms of the game first. This is to understand how it works mechanically before anything else.

Secondly,
You need to understand the dynamics of the game in terms of loading time and user experience.  You will also need to understand you game and how it works and also the audience. MDA is all about trying to create the best all rounded game.

You will have to come up with many tests and have solid information on your game/its audience in order for your game to be effective.

This all came from the articles :

http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/MDA.pdf.
*The other site will not allow me to link it - here is the link to our CDM page where I get all of my information from: http://cdmonline.pbworks.com/w/page/128278050/readingweek04


Signing off for now!

Ellen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...