Thursday 18 October 2018

Unity tutorial 3





Hello! Welcome to the 3rd unity tutorial I will review.

Enjoy!

For the past few tutorials we have looked at Jimmy Veagas videos on basic setting up of unity and C#.

Today, I looked at an article from"https://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/basics/game-objects-and-scripts/" . Here I made a clock making it tick in real time!

Through this I learned how to build an object and transform it. You do this by going to " Gameobject" select what object you want to make and fix it using scaling through x and y axis, rotation and position.

I learned how to layer objects onto of each other and how to position then in a way that forms an object and how to put a material layer on it.

I learned how too make child tags and parent tags and again, how to transform these.

I had a confusing time on why my values where changing in scaling. I realised that this is completely normal , I just had to put 0.0001 rather then .1 in my transformation for example.

To make this move I had to make it pivot by scaling the "x y x" axis.

So basically after a lot of examples given above of what I learned let me break it down. I learned how to make objects move by using the transition tool.


This is the easy part , however I found it interesting.

Now onto the newest learning I found. This was animation through C#. First, add the script through assets/create/ c# script , in unity. This is a lot like Javascript which seems TERRIFYING , but doesn't seem the worst. I hope I can learn it and keep on passing through so I can understand and make good games. The tutorial continued to follow through how to animate the clock through c# which was interesting. Im nervous now however as its a new thing and coding so far seems to fall out o my head a bit. I hope I can stay level headed and do well.

You will see in my next blog posts whether I have / have not done well. Till then!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...