Friday 12 October 2018

Game idea reserch




Hello!


Welcome back!


Here is a blog on my final game idea.


My final game idea will be a mix of the 2-d look game and the educational game concepts I proposed. This game will follow a stick figure character named Timmy. Timmy wants to get to the new world. A 3-D futuristic world where he can have endless adventures and leave the boring 2-D work he lives in now. However, there are stages he has to go through first. The 2-D world, vortex , pre 3-D and 3-D skies in order to earn his place in this new world. However, since it is an advanced world, the monster guardians must protect the portals. The are alien like weird looking creatures who’s design goes with the particular world e.g. vortex protecter is a doodle designed alien. These protectors provide brain teasers (depending on level setting these will defer in hard or easy tasks). This will encourage people to expand their mind on questions like maths, science, English and riddles. The reason for this is to encourage people, especially if they have learning disabilities , to learn in a fun way.




2-d level.


I will have a simple design, however I will design specific characters which will be unique and help to build the story. The reason for this is so I can make a solid game as its my first time creating a full game.



Vortex level


I will make sure to keep it interesting and educational by creating puzzles in order to pass levels. I will reserch this in order to make sure it is scientifically proven to engage my audience. I will want the audience to be engaged rather then wowed at a complex game.




Monster level 1


I will make sure to go slowly in making this idea. I will make sure to leave room for it to grow and have a plan in order to make this a game which can grow over a few years rather then having a short life span game.





Example of basic child level question to pass the monster and go to the next level.



Links: http://www.costik.com/vidiot.html-proving people learn in different ways and so scientifically proven learning ways which can be put into my game as theory behind the puzzles would ensure better results.

Thank you for reading!!!


2 comments:

  1. Ellen,
    I just read through this blog post where you have discussed your final game idea. I particularly liked your point about having different stages that 'Timmy', would have to go through first before getting to the 3-D futuristic world. I found this to be a wow moment. The brain teasers is a really good idea which will work well for your game concept. Perhaps you could put a timer on harder levels or on 'hard mode', to make the game more interesting without making it too complex. What style of game are you specifically going for? what if you made the game colourful in a way that would appeal to your target audience? I can't wait to see you develop your monster characters more in terms of their overall appearance.Overall I found your game idea very intriguing and I can't wait to learn more as you further development upon your chosen game idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ellen, I really like your game idea! I think its a great idea. I especially like the part where it will go from a 2-D world, vortex , pre 3-D and to 3-D skies. I like the idea of him having to earn his place and also the monsters that will protect the portals. When you talk about being asked question in order to pass will the answers come up as multiple choice answers or will the player have to type in the answers manually? Will the questions get harder as the levels go on or will there be a set level for the player? I think for this game you should definitely consider making it multiple choice as people with learning disabilities or just disabilities in general may fins it quite difficult to type it out manually. I really do like this game and im excited to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...