Thursday 11 October 2018

Unity Tutorial02



     C# Symbol



Hello! 

Welcome to this weeks blog post where I will share my new found knowledge of Unity and C#. Specifically, how to code in C#.

In todays tutorials I watched by Jimmy Vegas I learned about c#, how to add water, some sound effects and specific objects e.g. a wall into a game.

Firstly, enjoyed learning how to make my game more realistic through c# and adding specific things such as the water. However, the thing I most enjoyed was learning how to move my character and add sound. I loved this the most as it really made my game animated and felt like a good professional game.


I also got to put information I had already learned into practice such as , creating folders in the assets folder, setting up a new game file and adding things to folders. It was handy to know that this wasn’t too complicated and was very easy to do as I didn't have to worry about things going wrong here. Since this was the first step , I found it easier to get into the harder parts I didn’t know such as coding.


I found these tutorials very interesting, however I didn’t one hundred percent love coding in c#. For such a useful and easy to use code, it is quite picky and glitchy. One little symbol, letter , space missing and your code is skewed or simply doesn’t work. This is understandable as the reason for coding is specific algorithms which make the character or computerised “thing”, ( not quite sure what to name the object or thing you use code to move if im honest …anyway we will move on in hopes you understand, if not leave a comment and I will definitely try to explain in better detail) move and act in specific ways. So it does make sense I just find it annoying especially that this is the first time I have used c#. But just like any new thing I am happy and open to get used to it.


Till the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...