Monday 22 October 2018

Games GDD




Welcome back to the blog!

Today I will speak about the game design process. This is a process of brainstorming , non- digital research such as sketches and digital work such as mock ups.

Here is the article I got this information from:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158450580X?ie=UTF8&tag=gamedesiconc-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=158450580X


I learned a few tips on how to set up a game from: http://www.thegamesjournal.com/articles/DesignConsiderations.shtml.

I was thought that colours for opposing characters should be very different to stop confusion whilst playing the game e.g. yellow and blue for one player and green and red for another. Along with colour you could use shapes to determine different characters also. Make sure that small objects such as logos are separated from each other when they appear as this would be more clear for the player to see while they play the game. Make sure the font is perfect and legible by using background colours and types of font to go with the theme of your game but to be easy to see. e.g. A Japanese game with Japanese style typography that is authentic yet legible. Finally, avoid clutter. The last point in this section of the article mentions to keep everything neat and tidy to avoid clutter.

This article also mentions how its very important to pick a theme, corresponding title and graphics to go with it. This will make the game concept more obvious and the audience will learn how the game works easier. They will be able to enjoy the game more.

For the last and final article ,  I learned about how to create perfect prototypes for my game. This is the stage I am at right now in my project so its really important to learn how to do it. The article is https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/54353/game-prototyping-tools. In order to do this you need to have all the previous research and defining first. You need to design your game like I previous explained. Finally, you need to put out a test game, get audience feed back , make another one and keep going till this is perfect. Only now can you make your game the best it can be.

Hope you learned as much as I did! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...