Wednesday 3 October 2018

Game Brainstorm







Welcome back to my blog!

Here I will speak about 4 my ideas of a game I would love to make.

1. Action based simple line drawing game. This would be a fast paced simple 2-D game transitioning into a slightly more 3-D look as you fight enemies and move along the game from a 2-D style world to a 3-D style. (more on this as I develop my own story and concept.) My interest in these games lies with apps I used to download such as doodle jump. I love the look of 2-D games as it is simple yet entertaining. I think they are the most creative out of the four game styles I prefer as the simplicity of them can give room for great creativity within the characters. I would like to learn how to use unity more so I can put my ideas into practice.

2. An adventure game. An adventure game is a single player game, usually set in a fantasy world. You will need to complete puzzles based on the storyline of the game in order to move up levels. I find these games interesting as the back story give a backbone to it. It grasps my interest and feels more real which is more addicting and fun for a game. I only have experience of playing these games as previous knowledge. I used to play a simians game based on this concept, legend of Zelda and league of legends to name a few. I would love to learn more on how to make a solid story in order to move my game along.

3. Puzzle game. These consist of easy to difficult puzzles which you have to complete in order to unlock new levels. My previous knowledge in a game like this are the brain training games I used to, and still do, download on my phone to keep myself on my toes. I find then really challenging yet exciting as you feel you are learning but in a recreational setting. I would like to learn how other people and age groups learn. This would help me to build my game concept better.

4. Finally, I would like to try and make an educational game. I would aim it towards children , teens and adults (through different setting choices ) with learning disabilities. You can pick which disabilities you have (or your child has) and can play games based off of real research to help you. For example, word shark has been proven to help people with Dyslexia , I would make a game based off of this but with my own spin. I am interested in this concept as I feel there are so many different types of learners and people with learning disabilities that it would be a good idea to try and help them if possible to learn ways of thinking and working through their learning problems. My experience is that I have borderline Dyslexia and I know so many others with learning difficulties around me. I used to use word shark to help me when I was in primary school and it helped a bit. There wasn't much diversity in it though so I got bored. I would hope with my games I can research and come up with many diverse games to peak everyones interest.

Thanks for reading this SUPER long post ...and all of my other SUPER long posts. I hope you like reading them as much as I like writing them!

Till the next blog!


Resource links:

Definitions and game types


Doodle jump

League of legends


Brain training game

Word shark



3 comments:

  1. Hey Ellen,
    I really like how you laid out your blog and your resource links too. I really liked your game ideas that you had. I found them to be quite interesting and really well thought out too. I really like how one of your ideas was an educational game for children and teens with learning disabilities. I think that idea concept is quite unique and intriguing.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen it's Dani, 2 weeks in a row hey lol, blame the randomizer xD anyways i like your idea of the adventure game, i'm a real big fan of a good story and where it could lead, i love the idea of puzzles, challenges and a really good story always pulls me in, like you said it reminds me of a legend of zelda based type game which has always been my favorite game of all time, i really look forward to seeing what kind of game you make, great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen,
    I am really interested in this blog post. I love your idea about a game based on education. I think thats a really creative idea especially focussing on people with disabilities. I think that is really smart and different. Can't wait to see you develop on your one of your ideas. Whichever one you pick I'm sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...