Thursday 27 September 2018

Growth mind set

Hii!

Welcome back to my blog.

This blog post is. My thoughts on the growth mindset theory by Carol Dewick taken from the article " A Stanford Professor Who Pioneered  Praising Kids For The Effort Say's We've Ttotally Missed The Point". (source: https://qz.com/587811/stanford-professor-who-pioneered-praising-effort-sees-false-praise-everywhere/?utm_source=atlfb)




Miss Dewick has done research on how children who have a fixed mind set , they get fixated on a problem and run from it. Where as those with a growth mindset tried their best and did significantly better. Why is this? Those with a growth mindset try their best to work out the problem. I feel this is very true and I would definitely work on being open minded and this "not yet". Just like Carol Dewick suggests. We as students should [be praised on process, effort and growth rather then achieving grades. However, this does not always happen. Carol Dewick explains how teachers now a days almost re-enfource the fixed mindset by praising whether good or bad, letting people get away with things and not giving feed back. With out feed back, criticism with a not yet attitude and us learning from mistakes we will never ever get past the fixed failure mind set. This is not good at all. I knew that in order to get where you want you have to try, however, I tend to be in a fixed mindset about grades. I am thankful I now can practice thinking that college or any assessments are now t about the end result. It is the process you go through and the consistent hard work you put in which gives you the end result you want. I am excited to explore my abilities and opportunities I have in achieving goals now once I focus on the process and my consistent effort during a process in the mean time. In order to do this, I will stick to a process , ask questions, leave NO question un answered and work consistently in order to get my goals.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post-Favourite game

Hello all! This is my last blog!!  I loved everyones projects and there was a lot of work done by all. There were...